Sunday 25 November 2012

Rotary Play Fundraiser

Rotary is constantly doing fundraisers. I don't no what we were fundraising for but it was pretty amusing.

On a lovely, overcast, cold Sunday afternoon, Rotary was hosting the opening performance of a community theater play with a oyster and champagne reception afterwards.

The play was amusing in a very complicated soap-opera  kind of way. It was a story of four couple in one family; the great grandparents, grandparents, parents, and grand kids. Oh boy, let's just say it goes from one couple seriously thinking about divorce, then by intermission 3/4 are in danger of getting a divorce. In the second act all the couples are "getting a divorce" but by the end no one was...

I had THE BIGGEST HEADACHE by the end of the show!!
"I'm mad at you, she's mad at him, he hates her" ... blah blah blah ...
In hindsight i think that that should have been a moment to say that I don't understand and give up... Why was I so stupid?!?!?! There are no words to describe how I felt sitting in my seat staining to understand...

No comments:

Post a Comment