Sunday 9 December 2012

Concert

Yet another Rotary Fundraiser that was truly amusing.

The fundraiser was dinner and drinks before the concert of a New York Gospel singers in the BEAUTIFUL Cathedral in Liege , then a meet and great with the singers then again a drink. It was in collaboration with four other clubs of Liege. The students of each club were asked to help out in any way needed.

There was a total of 8 students, and when ever you have at least two exchange students involved in anything it's always a blast.

We helped out by handing out programs and uncovering platters, washing and drying glasses, setting up the signing table for the singers and putting away all the stacking chairs
It may not sound like a lot of fun and then considering that I was the only person who did not speak Portuguese or Spanish, it really doesn't sound fun. However there is something between exchange students that make you feel included and that you're not missing a thing! That may sound a bit like an oxymoron but believe me I'm no moron, it's just something you need to experience.

I have to say that this was one of the only, no THE ONLY Rotary event that I completely understood. Well as much as it could be understood but I do have to admit that at midnight my French transform from comprehensible to my nodding my head and laughing when I think someone might have said something funny...
That's the exchange student life...

No comments:

Post a Comment