Monday 13 August 2012

SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm soooo sorry that I haven't written in a long while.

To back track quite a bit, the Ottawa weekend with all the exchange students from my district was amazing. I have been to Ottawa a few times before but I have never experienced it the same way that I did with over 30 exchange students. It was almost like seeing Ottawa for the first time through an inbounds eyes.
The first night that we were there we had our JACKET CEREMONY. We all gathered in a room and one by one all the outbounds were called up presented with our jackets and first pins, then came the..."interesting" part, we all had to say a 5 minute speech. It was a blast, even though I could only pick up bits and pieces from each speech if I was lucky, it was just amazing to see how hard everyone has worked so far, and to hear (mostly interpret ) how they were doing and what they were doing in preparation for the upcoming year. In the following days we toured Ottawa and shared many laughs and good times.
The worst thing happened at the end of the trip though, we had to say goodbye to many people who I possibly will never see in person again. I cried from the first drop off point in North Bay, and countinued all the way home. Once I got home, I thought I would allow my brain to go to mush and let my body relax while I watched the finale of Glee. BIG MISTAKE. It was the goodbye episode, I cried myself to sleep that night.

In the following months I continued working hard at school and I received all 6 credits.

Summer came quickly after that. I went on a short vacation with the family to New York, New York and enjoyed every minute of it in 40 degree weather.

I started Summer School the first full week of July. Let's just say I won't be taking summer school again unless I am dragged there. I know some people love summer school and do very well in their courses but it is simply not for me. I started at 9am and covered a week worth of material until 3pm with a total of an hour of break time. Needless to say if you didn't keep up, you would drown pretty quickly. I am happy to say that I Passed my last math course that I would ever have to take with an 85%!!

In August, I was lost in a time; Some days and weeks go by so quickly and other times it seems that I'm counting the seconds until my departure. It has also been a roller coaster of emotions. I have been nearly packed for almost two and a half weeks, I have made countless lists of thing I need to gather, things I've packed and the gifts that I'm bringing, I have also had almost all of my last days with everyone. I have cried or wanted to cry countless times and I have been so excited that I can't sit still in my seat.

The countdown is only 86 more hours until take off...

No comments:

Post a Comment